Expert Witness Brand Infringement
As the managing partner of Wallace Church, Inc., one of the most recognized and accomplished strategic brand identity strategy and design consultancies, I have more than 30 years of expertise in all aspects of branding strategy and design analysis for national and global brands. My core expertise is the ability to determine a likelihood of consumer confusion between brands and how this may effect purchase behavior.
Areas of Expertise : Trademark/Trade Dress
I serve attorneys with cases regarding
Visual Brand Identity
Procter & Gamble, Coca-Cola, Unilever, Pfizer, Dell, Pepsico, Revlon, Target, The Home Depot, Johnson & Johnson, Scott/Miracle Grow, Bacardi, E&J Gallo, Mattel, Anheuser Busch, PNC Bank, Kroger, L’Oreal and more than 30 national/global consumer product marketers of equal caliber.
OTC and Rx Drugs
B to B
Best of Breed Brand Consortium 2014 - Present
- Leads a multi-disciplined team driven to prove the ROI of integration across every consumer touch point, from brand identity to advertising, packaging, shopper marketing, web development, social media and all other branding efforts.
Wallace Church, Inc., New York, NY and San Francisco CA 1985 - 2014
Managing Partner, Strategy
- Actively manage one of the world's most respected brand identity design consultancies.
- Provide strategic consulting on all branding issues including brand name development, brand identity, graphic and structural package design, trademark and copyrightdevelopment, integration across advertising and all other brand communications.
Peter Cris Advertising, Inc., New York, NY 1984 - 1985
Vice President, Marketing
- Provided both the strategic and creative force for this regional advertising agency.
- Acted as primary liaison between clients and creative department.
Modular Marketing, Inc., New York, NY 1982 - 1984
Senior Account Manager
- Managed select client relationships through all creative and strategic aspects of project management for this marketing communications consultancy.
- Designed and developed brand promotion programs, corporate communications and brand identity assignments.
Grey Advertising, Inc., New York, NY 1981 - 1982
Senior Account Manager
- Actively participated in one of the world's largest advertising agencies through the Market Horizons function, consulting with core clients on advertising and new brand communications opportunities.
MBA coursework, The New School, New York, NY 1981 - 1983
BA, English, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA 1977 - 1981
- Keynote speaker on brand identity strategy at more than 40 marketing, design and research industry events across the US, UK, Europe, Latin America and Asia
- Author of numerous articles and published case histories on brand identity design in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Brandweek, Design Management Journal, Package Design Magazine and numerous other publications,
- Co Author “Really Good Package Design Explained, Rockport Press, 09
- Lecturer on brand identity at Columbia Business School, Georgetown University, Seton Hall, University of Texas, School of Visual Arts Masters in Branding and other MBA programs of leading universities
- Board of Directors, Design Management Institute, 2010 - 2016 (www.dmi.org )
- CoChair, The Design Value Project- Design Management Institute (www.dmi.org/value)
- Distinguished Faculty Member, Path to Purchase Institute, speaker at national conference for the last 10 years
Design Management Institute, Board of Directors
Path to Purchase Institute, Distinguished Faculty
Shelf Impact Magazine, Board of Advisors,
American Marketing Association
Association of Professional Design Firms
Color Marketing Group
American Institute of Graphic Arts